Day 14

7/20/18
              Today after we ate breakfast, Priscilla, Amelia, Caleb, and I started skipping rocks on the river next to our campsite, when all of a sudden we started throwing big rocks at each other, or at least at the water when we were next to it. So no, we didn’t really throw rocks at each other, no matter how much fun it would have been. I’m still not sure how the rock/water war started, even though some said it was me which makes a little sense, but it was pretty fun. And I won. Obviously.
              We later met Clinton Desautal, a firefighter, who obviously loved what he did as he said that it’s a good job because there’s always new stuff to learn, even if he has been doing it for eighteen years. He also said something that I could relate to, which was about how he was also a broke college student who survived off of Top Ramen, except that I at least try to eat some microwave burritos every once in a while. Another man who worked with him is Lance Lelone, who showed us how they check the age of the tree by cutting a small hole through the middle. He had us guess the age of the tree, and I was pretty close because it was about 80 years old, and I guessed 52 years old. Nice. He was really inspiring when he mentioned how part of his job includes burning down trees and getting paid for it, which I admit, might make me change my major if I can get paid to burn things.

We later picked up some firewood and found some fighting, I mean, walking sticks.  Turns out Jacob is even cooler than I thought possible as he has watched the Lord of the Rings movies and was imitating Gandalf with a staff. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15

Day 13

Day 11