Day 13

7/19/18
This morning, we got to meet Lucy, who was a Traditional Cultural Preservation Officer.
She was pretty cool because she was really nice and loved what she does. Lucy led us to the Okanagan Museum, which was small but it had some interesting stuff in there. One thing I really liked was a section about a writer named Mourning Dove, who told coyote stories. An interesting thing she said was, “Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.” I can’t explain why I liked what she said, but I just did. There was also an open book by Mourning Dove in a glass case so I only got to read one page.
              Something impossible happened today when we were eating our lunch. I was eating my second sandwich when all of a sudden, I no longer wanted to eat it. I wasn’t full and I was still hungry. I was pretty confused for a minute when I finally realized that I had lost my appetite. Interesting. This has never happened before, but it made sense as we had been eating sandwiches every day for lunch on this trip. I might never look at sandwiches, or bread, the same way ever again. But it’s okay because I took a 10 second nap on the grass after lunch.

             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15

Day 11