Day 15

7/21/18
          Today was the last day of the trip, which meant no more sandwiches for lunch, I would be reunited with my bed, and I could eat all the fast food I wanted. But I mean, it's no big deal. I didn't even notice it was the last day til last week. I woke up before Jessica did her usual walk around the campsite, banging on the tents, screaming at us to wake up. She didn't really scream but everybody always seems to be screaming when you're waking up.
          We then went to visit Grand Coulee Dam, where I heard an announcement on a speaker about a tour that would start soon, but I blanked it out because I also heard that the starting place was an entire eight minute walk away. We didn't do the tour, so I was saved from the walk, and I had already visited Grand Coulee Dam before, meaning that I still didn't know very much about it. It was pretty fun struggling to play a song about the dam on the marimba that was there, and I also had a flashback, where me and my friends from a youth club thought we were gonna get stuck in the elevator when we heard a strange sound. This made me randomly laugh out of nowhere, so it was nice to confuse the people around me.
          It was beautiful. We were driving, when all of a sudden, my McChicken Sense started tingling and I turned to the left and there it was. McDonald's. I was immediately saddened by the perfect view I had of it. I didn't want to think about it as I didn't want to raise my hopes up, but then the van started slowing down. Strange. The other vans were parking in the McDonald's parking lot, to which I had mixed emotions about, as I didn't know what to think or say. Still confused about what was going on, I thought maybe we were gonna fill up on gas, as my friends in the van were talking to me with excitement, but I couldn't focus on what they were saying. Omar claims I was smiling when I walked in. False. I never smile, so he just imagined it. Jessica bought us all meals, so I got a McChicken meal with fries and a soda. When the food suddenly disappeared, I ordered four more McChickens because I wasn't very hungry. When I finished eating, I found out that the trailers for the movies "Aquaman" and "Shazam" had been released within the same hour, but I might not stop talking about that so I'll just stop.
          Overall it was a pretty good day. I had my first McChickens in years, movies to wait months to see, and my bed to take a nap in. The trip was pretty cool and fun. Although I had decided to do it when summer hadn't started, I had some last minute thoughts about it and bailing out. But I remember that I wanted to it for the experience and to give me a better sense of what I wanted for a career. We got to suffer a lot(the sandwiches), but I also found possible career options, and I got to meet new people and make new friends, who were pretty fun to hang out with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 13

Day 11