Day 10


7/16/18
               Today, we got to walk around different places, where George showed us the places that would be either burned or logged down, as he talked about the prescribed fires and wildfires. I thought it was interesting when I heard about what he did, which made sense, as it was so the trees could grow back better, and they wouldn’t be fighting each other for resources. It was pretty how when we were listening to him, but I forgot about the heat when something that looked like a small bee but was apparently a fly, flew onto my hand. I tried blowing him off, but it immediately flew back to my hand and started moving around. My interest grew as I blew him away probably like 10 more times, and he still acme back to me, to which I admit, I actually grew quite fond of him. When it was time for him to leave, I felt like a part of me was missing, but I decided not to dwell on it. I will miss the bee-looking fly thingie bug. I never even got to name it.
              Anyways, we then went to some small river I don’t know the name of, where we got to electroshock speckled dais and put them in a bucket. It was cool when we were catching the fish, as you could just see them floating in the river. The fun part was when I caught fish with my bare hands. I’d like to say that weren’t shocked when I did, but it’s not true as I wouldn’t be able to do it, no matter how cool it might sound. Something that was weird were the big wader boots that only went up to my waist, so I had to be careful to not trip on the slippery rocks. When I finally took them off to give them over to whoever hadn’t gone electroshocking with the first group, I sat down while most of the boys went to another small river. I tried to follow along, but the grass and plants were really itchy as I had shorts on. I later found out that the second group had found a nest of wasps, and had ran for their lives while being attacked, ending up with a lot of stings. I know it would’ve hurt, but I wish I could’ve been there to panic with them as they were running away in the water with waders on because it reminds me of what my cousins and I did when we messed with beehives. We paid for what we did, but it was still fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15

Day 11

Day 13