Day 9


7/15/18
              This morning was the first morning that I actually woke up comfortable and warm, without having to struggle and fight for the warmth. After breakfast, Jim, Warren, and Francis came and sang a song for us while beating on a drum. We all got to take turns beating on the drum while they sang a song, and while I didn’t want to at first, I think I got the hang of it as I just listened to the song. It was pretty cool, and I wish I could understand what they were saying, but it was pretty fun helping to beat the drum.
              So it had been around two days that we had gone without eating sandwiches, and I honestly missed them. So I did the right thing and only made two, one of turkey and the other of ham, stacking them and eating them together. It was all going good until Omar did the unthinkable and not only put mustard in his turkey sandwich, but grape jelly as well. When I asked him why, he said something about not wanting to make a boring sandwich or something. Right when his adult sickness was starting to slowly wear off, he decides to once again be weird. I think that something is actually wrong with him because mustard and jelly together is a terrible combo.
              We then went to the lookout, which was pretty cool because you could see a lot of the Spokane Reservation, but I think the Lava Butte Lookout was cooler because we actually got to go inside the lookout, plus stickers. We didn’t get stickers the second time. The cool thing about the second lookout was that it felt higher because it had more stairs to get to the top so it, which tempted be to spit on Omar when he was standing at the bottom. Fortunately for him, I decided to be an “adult” or whatever you call it, and held back the feeling. Maybe it also had to do something with the people that were standing next to him, but either way, I think I did the right thing.
              After that we went to a river, where we found a super big log on the edge of the shore, and although it took us a while, we finally got it into the water, where we got to stand, or in my case, at least try, to climb onto it and stand and keep my balance. It was still pretty fun because we got to swim around on a hot day, and I also got some scratches from the log, which was pretty cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15

Day 11

Day 13